Monarch believes that a child's natural motivation for learning should be encouraged through play. Our programs are designed to promote responsibility and self-reliance by providing opportunities to develop the social, emotional, intellectual, physical and moral aspects of each child. Monarch emphasizes the classroom as a community where each child can contribute their individuality. This attitude empowers self-worth and a sense of value for others.
Monarch created a curriculum that reflects the philosophy of the Emergent Curriculum Model and is consistent with the standards for a developmentally appropriate program. Emergent Curriculum originated from the innovative educational philosophy known as the Reggio Emilia Approach. The Reggio Approach to preschool is recognized worldwide for its theoretical kinship with Jean Piaget, John Dewey, and Lev Vygotsky. A developmental approach such as this is characterized by child-directed curriculum, the center based environment, and parent involvement. Monarch supports this approach to early education; therefore, our curriculum incorporates the following set of principles:
- children creatively contribute to their learning experiences
- the environment is the most valuable tool for encouraging learning from the child's point-of-view
- teachers act as learning facilitators and plan the physical environment to engage children in play and exploration
- parent participation is a necessary element to the successful development of children and their self-esteem
Now registering for the 2017-2018 School Year!
Did you know...
- We are licensed through the State of California Department of Social Services. You can research our school by calling 310.337.4333. Our license number is 1974-16202
- We select only nutritious ingredients for our snack and lunch menus and all meals are prepared in our kitchen.
- Monarch offers enrichment classes as part of our curriculum at no additional cost.
- Sing, Sign, and Play provides music enrichment on a monthly basis. You can visit Ms. Moira's studio for "Mommy and Me" classes and for private instruction.
- We have an open-air, indoor playground that is ideal for year-round play.
- We help with potty-training at no additional cost.
- We are a small, family-friendly school that encourages parent participation.
Schedule your tour today!
Talk to Us
27927 Smyth Drive, Valencia CA 91355
Write to Us